Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Blogging

I visited two “official” corporate blog websites which were Dell and Disney. On the Disney blogging website, I noticed it was focused on a variety of topics. It went from subjects such as the show “Dancing with the Stars” to “Child Labor in India.” But, when I visited the Dell blogging website, the blogs mostly focused on computer issues and upcoming computer technologies. But, when it comes down to it, both were used for a means of communication. The writers wanted to give information out to the public that they felt was either interesting or important to them. They also wanted to attract others opinions by the reader commenting on their blogs.

The first time I learned about blogging was through myspace. I thought it was fun and exciting. It gave me an opportunity to write about a topic that was on my mind at the time and let my friends know about it. But the difference between blogging through myspace and corporate blogging is on myspace the only people that can view your blogs are your friends and on corporate blogging your blogs are viewed by the world. By having the world view your blogs, it makes it more difficult for you to post a blog because you need to ask yourself do you want the world to see what you are blogging as on myspace it is your friends that are only viewing your blog.

I feel blogging is a great way to communicate and express information. This course showed me how useful and interesting it can be. I feel it can be beneficial because some may not feel comfortable speaking about a topic verbally in class but rather want to express themselves through writing. Therefore, blogging is a great way to express your thoughts through writing.

With the different assignments that were given in class, blogging let me share my information with other classmates and let me view their information posted. It also gave me an opportunity to share my opinion on what they have blogged by commenting my opinion. It showed me different outlooks people take on different subjects. The assignments also showed me different scenarios and made me express my feelings toward it and the steps I would take to approach a situation.

I also learned that many corporate websites have a blogging website. I feel this will help me learn more about companies that I may be interested in the future. It may give me a different insight of a company. I am aware that blogging is just information stated on a website for the public to see and it may not always be true. But, I know in the future, I am very interested to see what different people blog about on various subjects.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for dropping by our blog and providing commentary here about it. We enjoy the interactions we have on our blog and by entering conversations with others. Listening and learning through blogs is a great tool that we find helpful and "works"

Cynthia L. Krom, CPA, CFE said...

Cool feedback!